Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What Does It All Mean? #hana62

Today, we took time before our first global twitter chat, #hana62 to reflect on what we've learned. The students began with the most obvious - the technology and the facts. But then ... the discourse shifted ... students began to think deeply and suddenly worlds poured out. Profound words. Deep insights. We gasped in wonder as
thoughts were revealed. As students spoke I handed sticky notes to them so that their words would not be lost. William grabbed his camera and began recording. Ben M caused students and myself to tear up and cheer as one phrase after another, he revealed what he's been thinking.

And then others began to contribute; it was all oral and we watched as each person took time to "craft" their thoughts, to find the right words. I wish I had a recording. Today was probably the most astonishing moment I've had as an educator in all my years of teaching, because today as a class, students found their voices




No comments:

Post a Comment

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.