Thursday, November 3, 2011

My First Guest Blogger: A Grade 6 Student

I'd like to introduce you to my first guest blogger: Megan from Class 62.  Megan is an exceptional writer. Today she is sharing why we are hosting a global twitter chat.


On November 10th 2011, something amazing is going to happen. It will be a major event on Twitter! Class 62 at Dundas Central will be hosting a global twitter chat on World War Two. But there is one little girl we will be focusing on, her name is Hana Brady. Hana Brady had a wonderful life before war. She had a loving family and a house. When World War Two struck this little girl's life changed. We will be honoring her on November 10th, 2011 on Twitter at #hana62. Our class has read her book and we have learned lots about her and we would love to share our knowledge about her with you. Also if you know anything about Peace, World War Two, Refugees, Survivors and Of course, Hana Brady and her family, we are always willing to know more. Our global chat will start November 10th, 2011 at midnight and go for 24 hours straight. Anyone or any class out there please join us to honor her life and family on twitter at #hana62.
Thanks, Dundas Central
@class62siwak 

6 comments:

  1. Megan
    Thank you for sharing your learning journey. Your project sounds fantastic and what a wonderful way to connect with learners from across the globe. I am so happy to have read your post and now I am keen to read about Hana Brady. I am new to Twitter but I have been a teacher for a very long time, so learning is something we all do everyday and I think that is exciting.
    Thank you to your teacher and your class for bringing me something new to learn today.
    Good luck with your project.
    Carmel Crevola

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited to learn with you on Twitter next week. Our middle school is in De Soto, Wisconsin. Thank you for sharing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much on the comments. It means a lot to me to have people commenting on my work. I never thought that my work would be posted so that the whole world could see it. The internet is an amazing thing and I am just starting to learn what it can do. Again, thank-you very much for your comments. I look forward to talking to you on the 10th.
    Thanks,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan.... I am so excited to learn from you and your classmates as you share one of my most favorite books, "Hana's Suitcase" Hana Brady and her story has been one of the most powerful works I have read with students to share and truly understand the impact of World War II had, and continues to have, on our society.

    Many thanks for been willing to share, connect, and collaborate to grow our learning community outside the four classroom walls.

    How wonderful for us to have the opportunity to learn from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you so much for reading and commenting on my work. I means a lot. I have had over 200 views on my writing! My teacher says that is amazing. I am very glad Hana's Suitcase is one of your favourite books because you will have lots to share. The internet is a wonderfull thing and it is a wonderfull thing that we all can learn from eachother. Thank-you again vey much. It means a lot.
    Thanks,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing, I found very useful...

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.