I was in conversation today with two girls from The Amazing Class 62, Emily and Carlie. Last week they along with Ashley finished up our portion of the app project and are now feeling somewhat at a loss. They see the value in what we have accomplished and want more. So we came up with a plan. They recognize that while creating the content and design for the app was amazing, it would be even more more amazing to be able to do the programming to create the structure of the app itself. And so, they will be coming to my room on their breaks to learn how to program. Here's the funny part - I have no idea how to program! I can't even program my coffee maker! However, we've decided to begin this journey. I love Real World Learning!
Documenting the transformation of my classroom into a 21st Century place for learning. This blog is about to undergo a long overdue design overhaul. Willing to move if the right opportunity comes my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ShareThis

21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.