Thursday, October 27, 2011

And so it begins. Programming

Yesterday, I got to try Google Hangout. Very cool. I met with Ian Chia in Australia, Kelly Tenkely in Colorado, Michelle Baldwin in Colorado and Yoon Soon Lin in Philadelphia to begin another fabulous collaboration. Under Ian's guidance students will have the opportunity to learn how to program. We will be creating a blog to share our steps, missteps and learning.

I'm very excited about this, particularly about the number of girls who will be participating. One of the major reasons why girls don't enter technology fields is that no one encourages them to do so. This is a way to provide that opportunity. Looking forward to learning!

2 comments:

  1. We are excited about it too Heidi!

    -@ktenkely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi
    I'm Jeffrey Dorsey a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I am enrolled at the University of South Alabama. The Google Hangout sounds like something a lot of people can get involved with for different reasons. I think it will be a great networking site. I think it's a great thing that your encouraging females to get more involved with technology. I enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.