It has taken me some time this fall to pull together everything that I have learned from last year and tie it together into a program. Finally, thanks to Thomas Galvez' course outline http://techskills.blog.sis.org.cn/blog/ I've been able to clarify what it is that we need to accomplish.
Here it is:
Welcome to Grade 7 Language and Social Studies:
Mrs. Siwak
Room 208
You are in the school system at an interesting time in history. The world is changing rapidly and technology is allowing learners to learn and work in new ways. Throughout the world schools and education systems are being redesigned and opening up to new ways of learning. The world has become our classroom. My goal for you this year is to help you develop the skills that you need to navigate this new world.
While continuing to focus on improving reading and writing skills you will:
Develop a personal blog site as a portfolio of learning.
Develop Digital Citizenship Skills - develop a positive digital presence and learn how to protect your privacy
Develop a Personal Learning Network (PLN) using a variety of online tools and resources
Learn the ethical use of creative works found on the internet: Creative Commons
Develop research and curation skills - how to organize, keep track of and SHARE web resources effectively
Improve digital presentation skills - including our internet t.v. station, Hub21
Learn to use Social Media appropriately and effectively.
We will be using a project or inquiry-based learning model for most of the work that we do.
I can be found at:
Twitter: @heidisiwak Where I interact with a global community of educators sharing ideas and tools for education in the 21st century
My blog: http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/ (aka: 21Century Classroom: The Amaryllis)
And of course, by email.
I am so looking forward to this year!
Mrs. Siwak
Here it is:
Welcome to Grade 7 Language and Social Studies:
Mrs. Siwak
Room 208
You are in the school system at an interesting time in history. The world is changing rapidly and technology is allowing learners to learn and work in new ways. Throughout the world schools and education systems are being redesigned and opening up to new ways of learning. The world has become our classroom. My goal for you this year is to help you develop the skills that you need to navigate this new world.
While continuing to focus on improving reading and writing skills you will:
Develop a personal blog site as a portfolio of learning.
Develop Digital Citizenship Skills - develop a positive digital presence and learn how to protect your privacy
Develop a Personal Learning Network (PLN) using a variety of online tools and resources
Learn the ethical use of creative works found on the internet: Creative Commons
Develop research and curation skills - how to organize, keep track of and SHARE web resources effectively
Improve digital presentation skills - including our internet t.v. station, Hub21
Learn to use Social Media appropriately and effectively.
We will be using a project or inquiry-based learning model for most of the work that we do.
I can be found at:
Twitter: @heidisiwak Where I interact with a global community of educators sharing ideas and tools for education in the 21st century
My blog: http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/ (aka: 21Century Classroom: The Amaryllis)
And of course, by email.
I am so looking forward to this year!
Mrs. Siwak

I wish I was in Grade 7:) -- In YOUR class!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicola. :)
ReplyDelete