Saturday, September 10, 2011

The New 62

One of things I love best about the new school year is getting to know a new group of students. I always have the students write about themselves and one of my favourite questions to ask is, "What would people be surprised to know about you?"

Meet the new Class 62.
I ...

wear my socks inside out
keep honey bees
cook and sew
like to bake
play ringette
am amazing at math
have FIVE brothers
LOVE, I mean LOVE shoes
play rep sports
live in a house with 19 front windows
am a descendant of the Visigoths, greatest Vikings ever. They SACKED Rome! (
this child also fences. Should I be worried?)
collect comic books
am not that fond of school
play waterpolo
LOVE drama
have a baby brother
have a black belt in karate
would rather go to a baseball game than shop
LOVE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!
Like to write

Get to know your students as people first. That is the best advice I can give to any teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.