We're down to the nitty gritty decision making: appearance, names of buttons, style of buttons, iconic image of Dundas for the download button, splash page ...
I wish everyone could have heard the discussion today. Ideas were thrown out, mulled over, considered, debated, and challenged. Implicatons of choices were carefully considered. When some suggestions were made, several students reminded the class of Cynthia's advice: simplicity is important.
The class has agreed that the iconic image of Dundas are the waterfalls, although there was one or two holdouts for Hockeyville. http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/penguinsmarch/22624/ They've come up with a very creative visual idea for the splash page as well as for the main page. I won't give anything away here though!
I wish everyone could have heard the discussion today. Ideas were thrown out, mulled over, considered, debated, and challenged. Implicatons of choices were carefully considered. When some suggestions were made, several students reminded the class of Cynthia's advice: simplicity is important.
The class has agreed that the iconic image of Dundas are the waterfalls, although there was one or two holdouts for Hockeyville. http://hockeyindependent.com/blog/penguinsmarch/22624/ They've come up with a very creative visual idea for the splash page as well as for the main page. I won't give anything away here though!

I would LOVE to hear that debate! But as you probably have seen: discussion makes the project stronger! That's one of the beauties of collaborating. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Keep your sketches too, what might not work for this APP might be just the thing for another project. It's good to keep a notebook or sketchbook for all your creative ideas. They will eventually come in handy.
ReplyDeleteCynthia, I wish I had had Audacity running during their discussion. They were great!
ReplyDelete