Sunday, December 18, 2011

Technology in Our Classroom


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are forging the way in more ways than I realized, Heidi! Very exciting uses of technology. We are just beginning our use of technology--google apps, blogging, and some of the websites your kids mentioned, like Prezi, Glogster, and such. We're also learning to use iMovie and sharing our learning with the world. We haven't done any podcasts or made any apps. :)

    However, more than the technology, we are working on transforming our learning--being engaged and interested learners in a student-centered classroom. Transformation is happening with and without technology. I wrote a post yesterday about Controlling Students, something that years ago I would have been happy to do. Today I am a different teacher, though.

    We've had fun participating in two genius hours the past month, which seems to be a way of helping students find their passion.

    Keep up the great work!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. Appreciated. I'm always astounded when I see what other teachers are doing with technology too. I love that we now have the opportunity to "see" into each other's practices.
    You are absolutely correct that it is about more than the technology. Technology is a pleasant addition to the toolbox that allows us to enter into student centred learning more deeply. I enjoyed your post about giving up control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want my son to be in your classroom! ;) -- That was my first thought upon seeing the video.

    Also, I am a teacher, and after watching your video, I realize that I am on the right path, but still have a long way to go.

    Thanks to you and your students for sharing your amazing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words. I look at classrooms that are far ahead of my own and think the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.