I feel that I am an onion rapidly shedding layers. Each layer is something that I used to believe about teaching that no longer applies. When I reach the core, I will retain only those layers from the past that are truly valuable to teaching in the digital age as well as a whole host of new beliefs about learning. When the 22nd century rolls around - those teachers will shed layers that I helped develop!
Documenting the transformation of my classroom into a 21st Century place for learning. This blog is about to undergo a long overdue design overhaul. Willing to move if the right opportunity comes my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ShareThis

21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.
That's a neat thought to remember, that someday others will re-invent education after us. For now, though, it's up to us to keep re-inventing the education the parts of "school" that came in the 19th century. Keep it up, Heidi!
ReplyDeleteDenise
Hi Denise,
ReplyDeleteI wonder if they'll still be debating over standardized tests then?