When Ian suggested the AR app, I had no idea just how cutting edge this project is. Now that I've had a chance to visit several AR sites and try out AR using my daughters Ipad2, I am just so excited. This is truly at the leading edge of uses for smart phones and tablets. I can't believe we are able to participate in this project!
Watch this link on YouTube to see a demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps49T0iJwVg
We tested Ian's Australian Augmented Reality Tourism App http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/watch-us-grow/id431176548?mt=8
from our dining room in Canada. Below is a picture
from an iphone. As we shift the phone images pop up based on their GPS location. In this case, if I walked 16 125 km across the earth at 269N I will arrive at at the Buxton Trout and Salmon Farm! When I touch the picture, information on the farm pops up. With Ian's help, Class 62 will be designing a similar app for the town of Dundas.
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Watch this link on YouTube to see a demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps49T0iJwVg
We tested Ian's Australian Augmented Reality Tourism App http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/watch-us-grow/id431176548?mt=8
from our dining room in Canada. Below is a picture
from an iphone. As we shift the phone images pop up based on their GPS location. In this case, if I walked 16 125 km across the earth at 269N I will arrive at at the Buxton Trout and Salmon Farm! When I touch the picture, information on the farm pops up. With Ian's help, Class 62 will be designing a similar app for the town of Dundas.
Fun! Fun! Fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.