Sunday, April 10, 2011

Augmented Reality Classroom

Imagine your students being able to interact in 3D with any concept you are trying to teach. The possibility exists now. Have a look at this video and wonder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukrDPyPPYnE

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I'm interested in why you think that video would engage your students? I look at it and think the examples shown are pretty basic or gimmicky AR examples. I think ongoing engagement requires participation - a AR glyph on a bunch of cards showing 3D molecules isn't really all that much more engaging than playing with 3D models on your screen. If we can manipulate the molecules with our fingers like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhNXHCQGsM, that would be interesting.

    On another related note, would you like to try a little experiment with your class and create a location based augmented reality app on the iPad in collaboration with your students? (-;

    - Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure Ian whether or not it is an effective learning tool. I'm curious more than anything else and I'm wondering if kinesthetic and visual learners would benefit from this technology. I haven't seen it first hand so I can't dismiss not accept yet. I'm also wondering in particular if difficult math and science concepts could be made more accessible through 3D interactive modeling.
    On the related note: YES!!!

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.