Inquiry Working Group
I had mentioned at the end of the school year that I would be starting an Inquiry Working Group this fall with the goal of deepening understanding of the inquiry process sharing ideas, practices and iterations of inquiry in our classrooms. This will be an opportunity to meet face to face to help each other develop practice.
The first meeting date for this will be Wednesday, September 18, 4:30 at Dundas Central.
If you are interested in joining us please DM me on twitter: @heidisiwak or email me heidi.siwak@hwdsb.on.ca
Integrative Thinking
Last spring our school administration released middle school teachers and invited Ellie Avishai and Nogah Kornberg from the Rotman School I-Think K-12 initiative to run a full-day in-service introducing Integrative Thinking. It was a fabulous experience and we ended the day wanting more.
This fall our intermediate division will be working collaboratively to introduce all grade 7 and 8 students to the problem exploration and solving tools. Students who were introduced to them last year will act as a resource and help their teachers and peers understand and use them effectively.
This Monday, we will bring the 7's and 8's together to introduce them to Mental Models and help them develop an understanding of how we construct ideas.
I had mentioned at the end of the school year that I would be starting an Inquiry Working Group this fall with the goal of deepening understanding of the inquiry process sharing ideas, practices and iterations of inquiry in our classrooms. This will be an opportunity to meet face to face to help each other develop practice.
The first meeting date for this will be Wednesday, September 18, 4:30 at Dundas Central.
If you are interested in joining us please DM me on twitter: @heidisiwak or email me heidi.siwak@hwdsb.on.ca
Integrative Thinking
Last spring our school administration released middle school teachers and invited Ellie Avishai and Nogah Kornberg from the Rotman School I-Think K-12 initiative to run a full-day in-service introducing Integrative Thinking. It was a fabulous experience and we ended the day wanting more.
This fall our intermediate division will be working collaboratively to introduce all grade 7 and 8 students to the problem exploration and solving tools. Students who were introduced to them last year will act as a resource and help their teachers and peers understand and use them effectively.
This Monday, we will bring the 7's and 8's together to introduce them to Mental Models and help them develop an understanding of how we construct ideas.

I would love to join your Inquiry Working Group, but cannot attend a f2f meeting. Will there be a way to participate via social media?
ReplyDelete