Thursday, November 1, 2012

Success Criteria: Retell with Smart Technology

I'm back at it!

The technology that we received through the Mind Share Learning Award and the Ken Spencer Award are being put to good use. Our Smart Board is now up and running and I've acquired a handy device called a Genius Mouse Pen which acts as a mouse and a smart board pen that can be used remotely. I can now be anywhere in the class and fully control the board.

We are just becoming comfortable with the tools. Below are video notes from a lesson I did on how to write a retell. Retell is the lowest skill level on The Thinking Matrix, but the foundation for all other levels.

The lesson was done with the whole class. I then saved the notes and when I got home added voice over.
The lesson has been filed in our Edmodo account so all students can access it. As a start, I am thrilled with the results


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.