This is the most comprehensive plan to overhaul a school system that I have seen to date. It comes from Connecticut and I am sure will prompt heated discussion and debate. I see elements of Finland and Shanghai in here and even some Ontario. http://www.ctnexted.org/pdfs/CAPSS_0101-FullReport.pdf
I'm still going through it, but noteworthy so far:
- shift to individualized demonstrations of learning rather than standardized tests
-many paths to learning
-end of grouping children by age and grade
-end of teacher generalists
-end of seniority for teachers (note: Finland and Ontario have teacher tenure)
-emphasis on teacher training as the best path to improvement
-a comprehensive vision for technology and anytime, anywhere learning
There is much to be debated in this document and it will be interesting to see how the process unfolds. Social media will allow the entire world to be flies on the wall for this.
I'm still going through it, but noteworthy so far:
- shift to individualized demonstrations of learning rather than standardized tests
-many paths to learning
-end of grouping children by age and grade
-end of teacher generalists
-end of seniority for teachers (note: Finland and Ontario have teacher tenure)
-emphasis on teacher training as the best path to improvement
-a comprehensive vision for technology and anytime, anywhere learning
There is much to be debated in this document and it will be interesting to see how the process unfolds. Social media will allow the entire world to be flies on the wall for this.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.