Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Know What I'm Teaching but When are They Learning?

Just because I'm teaching doesn't mean my students are actually learning anything.  That is somewhat humbling.  Have you ever thought to ask your students to consider when they are actually learning?  Michael Wesch, cultural anthropologist extraordinaire has.  He is currently conducting a global study asking students to create a two minute video revealing moments in the day when they are actually learning. There is one caveat. None of the moments can take place at school. For more information or to participate in this global research project visit  http://mediatedcultures.net/ksudigg/?p=276. Videos must be submitted by Feb 15.

"http://player.vimeo.com/video/16020048

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.