Saturday, April 5, 2014

I Teach Thinking

The new Knowledge Building/Knowledge Creation site from Ontario has been designed to support educators making the shift to inquiry and other types of student-centered learning. A number of videos were filmed in my classroom. I'll be sharing those over the next few weeks.

I Teach Thinking



Transformative Change in My Practice



2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I'm always so amazed by what you do, and your ideas continue to inspire me to look and think about things differently. I love your focus on "thinking" - something that I've been trying to do more this year as well. I always wonder though about the best way to link thinking and curriculum. Do you always have students frame their thinking questions around big ideas in the curriculum documents? How do you get students to make the links between their wonders and the curriculum expectations? Were there any of your Grade 7's that struggled with the independence that their big project gave them? How did you scaffold this for them?

    Thanks Heidi for getting me thinking more!
    Aviva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Aviva. You ask BIG questions and the answers are not straightforward. I will take some time to think before responding. It's complicated. :D

      Delete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.