Saturday, April 21, 2012

Breaking Down the Barriers Through Social Media

Here are the slides from my presentation for the Association for Media Literacy.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, looks like a great presentation. I'm sorry I missed it. Next time!

    I agree. we need to be in the online social spaces with students just like we share community spaces- it's like being in a coffee shop. We may not always sit at the same table with our students, but we're still modeling appropriate behaviours and we're there if they need to approach us-supervision from a distance. It takes careful planning to incorporate these types of spaces in educational spheres. Microsoft researcher Danah Boyd has some tips for teachers. Here's the link: http://janemitchinson.ca/?page_id=102

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Thanks for your comments. That's a great interview with Danah Boyd. "Since the 1980's we've systematically removed children from public spaces".

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.