I've been thinking a great deal about space lately and in particular, play and learning spaces which in my mind are really one. I'm looking at my classroom and thinking about how I could redesign it so it looks less like a 20th century exhibit and more like a collaborative learning and play environment.
Through this exploration I've been following the work of one of the parents in our community: Adam Bienenstock.
Adam is dedicated to designing play spaces that encourage imaginative, co-operative play and connection to nature. He is one of the many people in this world who has vision, who knows that we can do better for our children. Adam has already transformed one park in our community and has begun to work with schools to help them reimagine outdoor spaces. What Adam has observed is that when you change the design of space, the nature of play also changes. Let's design spaces that encourage imagination and collaboration! If you'd like to know more about Adam and his work you can find him at:
http://www.naturalplaygrounds.ca/
Through this exploration I've been following the work of one of the parents in our community: Adam Bienenstock.
Adam is dedicated to designing play spaces that encourage imaginative, co-operative play and connection to nature. He is one of the many people in this world who has vision, who knows that we can do better for our children. Adam has already transformed one park in our community and has begun to work with schools to help them reimagine outdoor spaces. What Adam has observed is that when you change the design of space, the nature of play also changes. Let's design spaces that encourage imagination and collaboration! If you'd like to know more about Adam and his work you can find him at:
http://www.naturalplaygrounds.ca/

No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.