Thursday, June 2, 2011

Next Year's Real World Learning Project is Falling Into Place

Next year? I'm already thinking about next year?  This doesn't normally happen to me in June. I'm lining up a real-world learning project for the fall. It involves an international space station, an astronaut who likes to sing, a forgotten hometown hero, and a school in the high arctic. Can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Now I can't wait to read all about it on your fabulous blog. Thanks for all you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's a shame Don LaFontaine is dead, I can hear it now...

    In a classroom (cue music) where students survive harsh winters in the high arctic, comes a forgotten hometown hero, an astronaut who likes to sing, and a virtual trip to...the international space station. *fast intercuts of different scenes from the classroom*

    Coming to a classroom

    Fall 2011

    This class not yet rated.

    Book it. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Karen and Bob. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story! Can't wait to see what you are up to with that combination! ; )
    I have a deep fascination with all things arctic since childhood.
    KUDOS. What a gift for kids to have a teacher already thinking of what to share next year.
    Is that CLASS 63? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments Cythnia and for your encouragement on twitter. It will be fun to work with a school in the arctic.

    ReplyDelete

Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
21 Century Classroom: The Amaryllis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://heidisiwak.blogspot.com/.