Last fall I had the pleasure of Skyping with Yvonne Zonderop, a journalist from The Netherlands. She had heard about the work my grade 7 students had done on Moral Machines and whether or not machines should be allowed to make moral decisions on behalf of humans. The topic had sprung from a very provocative article written by Gary Marcus in The New Yorker.
Today I received an email from Yvonne that the article is now published. I found her framing of our work interesting. Given how rapidly technology is changing, laws and law-makers can't keep up. The kinds of discussions my students engaged in are the very discussions we need to be having on a national and international scale.
The article is in Dutch, but google translate gives the gist.
Today I received an email from Yvonne that the article is now published. I found her framing of our work interesting. Given how rapidly technology is changing, laws and law-makers can't keep up. The kinds of discussions my students engaged in are the very discussions we need to be having on a national and international scale.
The article is in Dutch, but google translate gives the gist.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.