One of the things I've noticed during this year of inquiry, intense conversation, flexible learning paths, integrative thinking and play is the re-emergence of the boy. They are making their presence felt in the classroom in ways that I haven't seen in years. It's interesting to watch as they challenge each other academically and push thinking forward.
I was taken aback at first because I had become so used to EQAO centered teaching which drives boys into themselves that I hadn't really noticed that they'd disappeared as learners. They're out. Gregarious. Playful. Disruptive. Engaged. And moving towards expressive and academic excellence. They like learning. They are eager to excel. Their writing continues to evolve and become ever more insightful.
Welcome back boys.
I was taken aback at first because I had become so used to EQAO centered teaching which drives boys into themselves that I hadn't really noticed that they'd disappeared as learners. They're out. Gregarious. Playful. Disruptive. Engaged. And moving towards expressive and academic excellence. They like learning. They are eager to excel. Their writing continues to evolve and become ever more insightful.
Welcome back boys.

Great to hear! My goal for this and next year is to incorporate more inquiry into my teaching practice!
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely development.
Delete