Last weekend, I had the privilege of attending the Reform Symposium. http://reformsymposium.com/ This marked yet another milestone in education and in my own career. It was a global event. People attended and presented from their own homes via a virtual classroom called Elluminate .http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Overview.aspx
Those at the forefront of educational change showed and discussed the myriad ways that Web 2.0 tools are changing teaching and learning. If you are not yet familiar with the term, Web 2.0 refers to the Social Media tools that allow us to create and share information. Learning has become anytime, anywhere, anyhow and from anyone.
I sat on my couch for 3 days on one of the most beautiful weekends of the summer because I didn't want to miss a moment.
The conference was organized by volunteers, it was free and now it is available to everyone as all talks were recorded. Each lasts about 30 minutes and each is invaluable. They can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmiH3CkSSpYxdFFxRHBBWmxJRkFZNW5LMnc4UWpiRmc&hl=en_GB#gid=53 They are also being uploaded to the rscon3 You Tube channel. Discussions related to the event are taking place on twitter under the hashtag #rscon3.
I am inserting directly Steve Wheeler's closing keynote: The Future of Learning. I suggest you view it, especially if you have not yet begun to explore this topic. It might help avoid the feeling that the educational rug has been pulled out from underneath you and hopefully generate understanding of the changes taking place. https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2011-07-31.1335.M.8287C4D6534A3D8829689C5C4A92D8.vcr&sid=2008350
Those at the forefront of educational change showed and discussed the myriad ways that Web 2.0 tools are changing teaching and learning. If you are not yet familiar with the term, Web 2.0 refers to the Social Media tools that allow us to create and share information. Learning has become anytime, anywhere, anyhow and from anyone.
I sat on my couch for 3 days on one of the most beautiful weekends of the summer because I didn't want to miss a moment.
The conference was organized by volunteers, it was free and now it is available to everyone as all talks were recorded. Each lasts about 30 minutes and each is invaluable. They can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmiH3CkSSpYxdFFxRHBBWmxJRkFZNW5LMnc4UWpiRmc&hl=en_GB#gid=53 They are also being uploaded to the rscon3 You Tube channel. Discussions related to the event are taking place on twitter under the hashtag #rscon3.
I am inserting directly Steve Wheeler's closing keynote: The Future of Learning. I suggest you view it, especially if you have not yet begun to explore this topic. It might help avoid the feeling that the educational rug has been pulled out from underneath you and hopefully generate understanding of the changes taking place. https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/playback.jnlp?psid=2011-07-31.1335.M.8287C4D6534A3D8829689C5C4A92D8.vcr&sid=2008350


No comments:
Post a Comment
Heidi invites you to comment on your attempts to transform your teaching practice.